Maintenance and Support explained
What is the Maintenance and Support plan?
In short, it’s a contract, tied to a software license, that entitles customers to the following:
- All updates/upgrades to all minor and major versions released during the subscription coverage period
- Documentation, and knowledge base access
- Email/ticket support if the software has a bug or is behaving differently from the documented way
- Remote assistance support (up to 3 incidents a year, when deemed necessary by Syncplify support staff)
Given the above, it is therefore important to understand what incidents are:
- if the software is behaving differently from Syncplify's official documentation, or you have identified a bug, that is an incident, and its resolution is included in the Maintenance and Support plan (if active)
- if you simply don’t know how to do something, that’s not an incident, and we kindly ask you to – please – read the documentation and search the knowledge base before contacting our support team (we’re deeply grateful for your understanding) - if you still prefer us to perform these tasks for you, please keep in mind that these won't be covered by your Maintenance/Support plan, and will be instead Professional Services
The cost for a maintenance/support plan is typically around 30% of the license MSRP. However, if you select multiple years of maintenance and support during your license purchase process, a discount is applied based on the number of years you wish to pre-pay for. So, for example, if you buy a single Basic license ($349) your annual optional subscription cost will be $104.70; another example: if you buy 2 Professional licenses without WebClient! ($849 each, total $1698) your annual optional subscription cost will be $509.40 ($254.70 * 2).